- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit https://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- “Google Analytics”, “Google Ads”, “Google Tag Manager” and “Microsoft Advertising” tracks user experience and performance/conversion rates.
- “Hotjar”, “HubSpot” and “Mouseflow” tracks user experience and performance/conversion rates.
- You can get more information about Hotjar by visiting the ‘about Hotjar’ section of our support site. Hotjar assists its users/customers in providing their end users with a better experience and service as well as assist them in diagnosing technical problems and analyzing user trends. Most importantly, through Hotjar’s services, the functionality of the Hotjar Enabled Site can be improved, making them more user-friendly, more valuable, and simpler to use for the end users.
- You may opt-out from having Hotjar collect your information when visiting a Hotjar Enabled Site at any time by visiting our Opt-out page and clicking ‘Disable Hotjar’ or enabling Do Not Track (DNT) in your browser.
- Mouseflow is a website analytics tool that provides session replay, heatmaps, funnels, form analytics, feedback campaigns, and similar features/functionality.
- Mouseflow may record your clicks, mouse movements, scrolling, form fills (keystrokes) in non-excluded fields, pages visited and content, time on site, browser, operating system, device type (desktop/tablet/phone), screen resolution, visitor type (first time/returning), referrer, anonymized IP address, location (city/country), language, and similar meta data. Mouseflow does not collect any information on pages where it is not installed, nor does it track or collect information outside your web browser.
- If you’d like to opt-out, you can do so at https://mouseflow.com/opt-out.
- If you’d like to obtain a copy of your data, make a correction, or have it erased, please contact us first or, as a secondary option, contact Mouseflow at email@example.com.
- For more information on Mouseflow and GDPR, visit https://mouseflow.com/gdpr/.
Who do we share your information with?
Mainstreethost will not sell consumers’ personal information at any time. We use a select number of trusted external service providers for technical data analysis, processing and/or storage. These providers are prudently selected and meet high data protection and security standards and we only share information with them that is required for the services offered. In addition to services providers, other third parties may include:
Internal parties – we share your personal Information with companies in our group, as well as our employees, in order to provide you with our services including but not limited to the following.
- Service Providers – we may engage with third party companies and individuals to facilitate services or perform services related to administration of the service of your site (maintenance, payments, hosting and database management services, website analytics and administration, etc.). Any third party that has access to your personal information to perform these tasks on our behalf are required to comply with this Policy and may not use your personal information for any other purpose.
- Marketing Partners – we may share your personal Information for communicating targeted advertising and promotional materials.
Disclosures to Protect Us or Others. We may access and disclose information associated with you to external parties if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, enforce our policies or contracts, collect amounts owed to us or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We are the sole owners of the information collected on the Site. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to fulfill an order placed through the Site. Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you. When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain this information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
SURVEYS AND CONTESTS
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and award prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
The Site may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
NOTICE FOR MINORS
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. Our website and services are not directed to or intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information. If you become aware that a child under the age of 16 has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
If you would like to exercise the rights detailed above, or have inquires related to your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at:
207 Commerce Drive,
Amherst, NY, 14228, United States
If you are a California Resident, California Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at:
ATTN: CA Privacy Rights
207 Commerce Drive,
Amherst, NY, 14228, United States
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
207 Commerce Drive
Amherst, NY, 14228